Online training and support
Although Patient Opinion is designed to be easy to understand and use, talking about the possibilities and the practicalities with a member of Patient Opinion's expert team can make all the difference.
That's why we include up to four WebEx online meetings with you each year as a core part of your subscription, at times to suit you and at no extra cost. Each session typically lasts 45 minutes.
What is WebEx?
WebEx is a form of online meeting which enables us to talk with you, and as many of your colleagues as you wish. The people attending the meeting don't need to be in the same place - anyone can join in so long as they have either a phone, or a computer connected to the Internet. If you have a headset for the computer, or a microphone and speakers, then you don't need a phone too.
It’s very flexible, so we can lead the session and you can stop us and ask questions, or if you prefer you can lead the session yourself and we'll join in.
How does this help me?
Trying to get a group of staff into the same room at the same time can be really difficult, and sometimes near impossible. Organising a WebEx meeting can be a lot simpler:
- everyone can be at their own desks, or even at home
- we can show slides on other documents during the meeting
- we can show the live Patient Opinion web site and demonstrate how to do a range of tasks
- people can ask questions, verbally or by typing
Of course, there are some disadvantages too - mainly that you can't see people's expressions so it's a bit harder to know how people are reacting.
Overall, WebEx sessions are a great way to help bring colleagues up to speed with Patient Opinion, organise a discussion around how online feedback fits into your strategy, or cover more advanced topics in managing your subscription online. And as the Patient Opinion expert in your organisation, you don't have to be responsible for training everyone.
What topics are available?
You can choose from our menu of sessions below, or design your own and we'll join in.
Introducing Patient Opinion
- Patient Opinion's vision, purpose and values
- How patient/carer expectations are changing
- The power of stories in creating change
- How our service works and how it can help you
Getting started with managing your subscription
- How your subscription is set up
- Managing subscription members and permissions
- Involving people across the organisation
- Understanding email alerting
Raising local awareness of Patient Opinion
- Understanding online, postal and phone feedback routes
- Getting the most from our print materials
- Online promotion using our widget, squidget or feeds
- Case studies of positive media coverage for organisations and teams
Responding online: learning from others
- Why people give you feedback and what they want
- What makes a good response?
- Getting impact from your feedback - and showing it
- Thinking strategically about responding and change
Getting more from searching and reporting
- Understanding Patient Opinion's search options
- How searches can become alerts, reports, widgets and feeds
- Creating, interpreting and sharing reports
How to book your WebEx training or discussion
To arrange your session(s), first decide what you'd like the session to cover and what date(s) might be suitable.
Then simply call or email your usual subscriber support contact, or:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0114 281 6256
Once we have a date and time agreed with you, we'll email everyone you want to invite to the session with details, including how to login, and contact details should anyone need any help.
On the day of the session, everyone will receive an email invitation containing a link: just click on that, and follow the instructions.
Please note that these sessions are available only to organisations with a full Patient Opinion subscription.
How to find out more
To learn more about WebEx, visit the Cisco web conferencing site.
To learn more about Patient Opinion training, or the benefits of subscribing, please call or email us as above.